Why We Care: Pet Camp Cares and how we give backDecember 4, 2018
Last month we introduced Pet Camp Cares. Since we opened way back in 1997, Pet Camp has been part of the San Francisco community.
Virginia and I live in San Francisco, we raised our 4 kids in San Francisco, and of course, now Virginia works for the City and County of San Francisco. All of this ties us to San Francisco in a way no chain, franchise or, internet site can. This also means that we, and Pet Camp, take our commitment to be involved in San Francisco very seriously.
What does this involvement look like? Here are some examples:
- Animal Care: Pet Camp supports over 15 different animal care organizations ranging from San Francisco Animal Care and Control and San Francisco Aid for Animals to the Northern California Newfoundland Club (of course!).
- Business Organizations: Pet Camp is involved with over a dozen business organizations from San Francisco Business Council on Climate Change, Economic Development of Third Street (EDoT) to the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce.
- Non-Profits: Pet Camp supports non-profits in San Francisco as diverse as our City itself including everything from San Francisco Little League to the San Francisco LGBT Community Center.
- Civic Organizations: Pet Camp is active in local organizations from the Bayview Rotary Club to San Francisco Community Power Cooperative.
- San Francisco Schools: Pet Camp has supported over 30 different local schools with gift certificates and gift baskets for silent auctions as well as by sponsoring specific fund-raising efforts.
For some of these efforts we’ve committed funds, for others, we committed time, for others, of course, we have a commitment both.
Are these efforts monumental? Take our word for it, they don’t match the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, but we we’re donating about 1 percent of Pet Camp’s gross revenue to charitable work every year and we’re pretty proud of that! If there’s a San Francisco cause that you think will resonate with Pet Camp Cares and, most definitely, if you’re part of a San Francisco animal or education related group, please reach out to us; if we can, we’d love to help.
Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting Pet Camp!
Pet Camp is proud to be a locally owned and operated San Francisco small business. For over 20 years Pet Camp has been providing San Francisco’s best pet care.
If you’re interested in doggie daycare, overnight care for your dog or cat, bathing, training or transportation, the Pet Camp counselors would love to chat with you. Come on over and say hi and see why working with a locally owned business not only is good for your pet, but it’s good for your community too.