Pet care counselors neededOctober 24, 2016
Pet Camp, San Francisco’s original premier lodging experience for pets, is looking for caring, conscientious and dedicated counselors to work with our dog and cat campers! As a member of an award-winning pet lodging team, you will be taking up to 160 dogs and 80 cats out to play every day, as well as caring for and attending to their every need and wish; after all, Pet Camp is where pets do what pets love!. Dogs and cats are messy- you’ll be cleaning a lot and doing dishes and laundry. We have every modern convenience to make cleaning easier, but be prepared for lots of hard work!
*You must have personal or professional experience with dogs and cats. It takes a very special person to truly understand the great honor and responsibility involved in caring for furry family members, and Pet Camp is committed to only employing the best of the best!
*While you don’t need a car, you must have a valid driver’s license. Pet Camp offers a convenient and flexible pick-up and delivery service to clients all around the Bay Area, and our counselors need to be road-ready!
*You must be both willing and able to work both weekend days and holidays, since Pet Camp is happy to provide exceptional care to our dog and cat clients 365 days a year.
*Most shifts are 8 hours long, some starting as early as 6:30 am, and some ending as late as 7:30 pm. Ideal counselor candidates are flexible with their availability and are willing to work either early morning or into the early evening.
Counselors’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• supervising group and all-day play sessions to ensure a safe and fun social experience,
• cleaning campsites with exacting detail so that our campers stay healthy and comfortable,
• feeding and medicating the campers to their guardian’s exact specifications,
• playing one-on-one with cats and dogs to create even more awesome camp memories,
• swimming dogs in our indoor heated pool, and
• bathing cats and dogs to send them home fresh and clean after their exciting camp adventures
• you may bring your dog to work every day,
• health care coverage,
• dental and vision plans,
• paid time off,
• retirement plan,
• employee discounts, and
• a Pet Camp scholarship program for continuing education in the pet care industry