Pet Camp, San Francisco’s original doggie daycare and pet boarding facility, is looking for a dedicated dog and cat lover to join our talented, fun, hard-working team of pet care professionals! As a member of an award-winning pet care team, you will be caring for up to 130 overnight dog lodgers and doggie day campers every day and providing them with everything they need to stay happy and healthy while at camp: safe, fun outdoor exercise in our 20,000 square feet of play space, fresh food and water throughout the day, medications as needed, sparkling clean and disinfected campsites for resting and sleeping, training, special play sessions, baths…basically, attending to their every need and wish! After all, Pet Camp is where pets do what pets love!
Dogs are fun but can be very messy, so you’ll be doing a lot of cleaning, dishes and laundry. We have every modern convenience to make the cleaning easier, but be prepared for lots of hard, physical work. This includes cleaning up pet waste, managing garbage/recycling/compost, and all the other non-glamorous stuff that comes with pet care. If you are squeamish about these types of things and don’t want to get your hands (and clothes) dirty, this is not the place for you.
While previous professional pet care experience is not required, it is highly desirable. What is required is personal experience having your own dog (and cat, too; that would be even better!). It takes a very special person to truly understand the great honor and responsibility involved in caring for furry family members, and Pet Camp is committed to only employing those who feel this in their very core. If you don’t have a cat, you should still be comfortable handling them and being around them, since occasional cat handling and bathing is required. If you have any pet allergies whatsoever, this is not the place for you.
Here are some other requirements for the position:
- You must have a valid driver’s license. While you won’t need a car to work here, you will be trained to drive our Pet Camp Express vans to transport pets to and from their homes, so our counselors need to be road-ready.
- You must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays; this is not optional. Pet Camp provides exceptional care to our dog and cat campers 365 days per year (even on Sundays, and yes, even on Christmas day), so if you are not able or are unwilling to meet this requirement, please do not apply.
Most shifts are 8 hours long, some starting as early as 6:30 am and some ending as late as 8 pm. Ideal candidates are flexible with their availability and are willing to work both early morning and later afternoon/evening shifts.
Our benefits include the following:
- You may bring your own dog to work with you during any of your scheduled shifts
- Comprehensive health insurance plan that includes medical, dental and vision insurance
- A 401-k Safe Harbor retirement plan
- Employee discounts on retail items
- 14 days of free boarding each year, then 50% off after that
- A clothing allowance in our Land’s End company store after 90 days of employment
- Pet health care coverage through Eusoh after 90 days
- A Pet Camp scholarship program for continuing education in the pet care industry.
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.