Front Desk counselorApril 26, 2021
Pet Camp is looking for an extraordinary pet and “pet parent” pro to join our front desk team!
Pet Camp is San Francisco’s ORIGINAL and most honored pet lodging facility, proudly serving the dogs and cats of the Bay Area for over 20 years! Our front desk counselors are responsible for upholding our solid reputation of providing exceptional customer service by checking pets in and out of camp, answering phones and fielding questions, giving tours of our facilities, and ensuring flawless execution of all of our campers’ activities and care with their great listening skills and meticulous attention to detail.
As a member of an award-winning pet lodging team, you should have exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to anticipate our client’s needs and meet/exceed their expectations. You should possess strong critical thinking skills and be able to practice good judgement in a variety of fast-paced situations. You should work seamlessly with co-workers and management alike, be able to follow directions carefully, and exude confidence in your actions and interactions with all of our customers. Remember, YOU are the face of Pet Camp, and should represent us with pride!
We’re an independent family-owned business, so we need folks who are flexible and ready to pitch in wherever needed. The pet care industry is busiest when other people are off, so expect to be working weekends and holidays when needed; if you don’t “do” weekends or holidays, then this is NOT the industry for you; really, we mean it! Shifts are up to 8 hours long, and start as early as 6:45am, and end as late as 7:30 pm.
You may be expected to work hands-on with our cat campers at our fabulous Cat Safari location in Presidio Heights, especially during high-occupancy times of the year. Ideal candidates love cats, have or have had their own cats, are comfortable around cats, and don’t have ANY cat allergies whatsoever. If you are “not a cat person,” then this is not the job for you (again, we really mean it!)
What’s in it for you? Well, how does this sound?
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- paid time off
- a 401-K safe harbor retirement plan
- a clothing allowance on our Land’s End company store after 90 days of employment
- a scholarship program for continuing education in the pet care field
- 14 days of free lodging for your dog or cat, with a 50% discount afterwards
- you may bring one dog to work with you (your OWN dog, of course)
- subsidized pet health care through Eusoh
- work with a tight-knit group of fellow dog and cat lovers who have fun with the campers and each other every day they’re here!
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.