Pet Camp, San Francisco’s most award-winning dog, and cat lodging facility, is looking to hire a facilities cleaner, otherwise known as “Camp Groundskeeper.” This position is responsible for the daily upkeep of the pet enclosures, the outdoor and indoor play areas, and the general building. The position requires full availability during the week from 9 a.m until 6 p.m. The ideal candidate should be comfortable around all types of dogs and cats but is not involved in the direct care of the pets. The applicant must be able to bend and kneel throughout the day, push and pull cleaning equipment, and lift up to 50 lbs. The position reports directly to the Pet Care Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using various cleaning equipment and tools to thoroughly clean and sanitize all dog enclosures and common areas, including pressure washers, a central vacuum system, floor scrubbers, and sprayers, as well as cleaning and sanitizing chemicals designed specifically for use around dogs and cats.
- Clean and disinfect all play areas in-between use during the day and after use at the end of the day.
- Complete several loads of dishes and laundry each day
- Clean and disinfect all vacant cat condos and suites, and detail clean the entire cat room monthly
- Clean and disinfects other areas of the facility as directed to maintain sanitary and pleasant conditions for the pets, counselors, and clients: aisles and walkways in the dog enclosure area, hallways, outside areas surrounding the facility, and other locations as directed.
- Assisting the pet care manager in tracking cleaning and building supply inventory and ensures that they have the proper supplies needed to successfully complete their job.
- Reporting any equipment issues to Pet Care Manager and assists in basic maintenance as directed
As a full-time counselor, this position is eligible for Pet Camp’s excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Bring your dog to work, every day
- Comprehensive health insurance plan that includes medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401-K “safe harbor” retirement plan
- Employee discounts on products, 2 weeks of free lodging for your own pet, and a Pet Camp scholarship program for continuing education in the pet care industry! Want to take a pet grooming course? Interested in dog behavior seminars? Want to learn large appliance repair to keep our equipment in shape? The scholarship has you covered!
Complete your application here.View All