Dog Boarding Health & Safety
What you need to know.
To safeguard the health and well-being of all Pet Campers, every camper must have current vaccinations, so here’s what you need to do before checking in:
Dog campers must have current vaccinations against:
- CIV/Dog Flu
We need to see written proof of vaccinations before your camper’s first visit. We recommend faxing them to us ahead of time at 415.282.1192 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org before coming to camp.
Because the City experiences a high rate of canine cough, bordetella vaccinations are strongly recommended every six months, but we will defer to individual veterinarians who use a once yearly protocol. Immunization should be completed at least five days before your pet’s arrival at camp.
We also recommend that you double-check all shot records in advance, since we must regrettably turn away any camper without up-to-date vaccinations. It’s for the safety of every camper.
Your pet’s health is our greatest concern. To safeguard the health and well-being of all Pet Campers, every camper must have current vaccinations, so here’s what you need to do before checking in.
In January 2017, Section 122380 was added to the California Health & Safety Code. Pursuant to this law, every pet boarding facility in California is required to provide pet owners with certain information. At this time there is no guidance available to us as to the method by which we are to provide this information to pet parents, but we want to ensure that every pet parent has access to the following information:
- You may drop off or pick up your pet at the Main Campground from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday; from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm on Saturday and from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sunday. You may drop off or pick up your pet at Cat Safari from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday; from 8:00 am until 11:00 am on Saturday and from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm on Sunday. Holiday hours may differ.
- A counselor sleeps at the Main Campground every night. A counselor is not present at Cat Safari from approximately 6:15 pm until 6:45 am except on weekends when a counselor may not arrive until 8:00 am.
- The campsites at the Main Campground range from 32 square feet to 48 square feet. The cat condos at both locations are approximately a 27 cubic feet (3x3x3).
- A counselor observes each pet on a regular basis.
- The daily schedule for each pet is as follows:
|6:45-9:00 AM||Morning bathroom break; breakfast; morning medicines (if applicable) & 1st Back Country Session||Breakfast, morning medicines (if applicable) & start of play time in cat room|
|9:00-10:15 AM||First play group, solo play, continued Back Country||Continued play, VIP sessions and Safari Sessions|
|10:15-1:45||Continued Back Country (with a lunch break); VIP sessions; afternoon meals and medicines (if applicable) & afternoon bathroom break.||Continued play, VIP sessions and Safari Sessions; afternoon meals and medicines (if applicable)|
|1:45-3:00||Second play group, solo play, Continued Back Country||Continued play, VIP sessions and Safari Sessions|
|3:00-5:30||Continue Back Country||Continued play, VIP sessions and Safari Sessions|
|5:30-6:00 (Cat Safari) or 7:00 (Main Campground)||Evening meals and medicines (if applicable) & final bathroom break||Continued play, evening meals and medicines (if applicable)|